Friday, January 27, 2012

I Lava My Mama

After working at JCPenney for 38 years my mom's last day is today.

Let me say it again.  38 years.

Right?!

I love my mom so much.  She's an amazing parent and I consider her my best friend, like, for serious.  She doesn't keep her amazing ways to herself though, almost everyone at Penney's has a story of how she put countless hours into helping them solve problems without ever seeming put out by them. She's organized and thorough, efficient but also really approachable.

I'm always so in awe of her- I got the really wacky creative genes from my dad while my sister got the logical and rational stuff that makes my mom so unique.  She can see through almost any problem, and if she doesn't have a solution instantly she's tenacious and won't stop until she's worked everything out.  Talking to all of the people who have worked with her over the years I've noticed that they almost all have this reverence for her, like she's the patron saint of retail personnel troubleshooting.

I'm really excited for her, I don't know what she's going to do with this new exciting chapter of her life but I know that she's going to tackle it with her expandable file folders and real sincere love for making sure that all is right in the world.

I love you, Mom.  Happy retirement!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your mom! I agree, she is fantastic. And if memory serves, she is also pretty hilarious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost a year since she retired. How is your mom doing with retired life? I'm going on three years now, and very happy. Not doing what I had expected, but happy, nontheless.

    ReplyDelete