Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Lava Making My BFF's My Spirit Animals.

This came from Aurora's blog.  She's fantastic.  Read.


I typed out this loooong tell-all blog about the man who refuses to date me and how hard he is to shake even though he's totally never ever ever gonna like me enough to actually want me as a *gasp* girlfriend no matter how amazingly hot and smart and funny I am but decided against it.  Even this run on sentence is crossing the whiny line.

Instead I changed my Facebook photo to one of myself with my Aurora.  Talk about a spirit animal. This lady is ridiculously strong . She sees what she wants and goes for it, identifies the things that are holding her back and cuts them out and sets boundaries and keeps them.  Plus she's gorgeous.  Its nice to see her shining face when I look at my Facebook.  (Or in this case, ferocious!  Fierce!)

Thinking about it, all of my girlfriends are my spirit animals.  For a while I thought it was Isaac Hanson or Tim Lincecum (who doesn't want Timmy as their spirit animal?!  Freak!) and they worked to get me through most things, but damn.  The women in my life are all so strong and amazing, I could do well to draw from their strengths and channel them when I start to lose track of my own strengths.

Which happens- Aurora asked me last week to list 5 things I was good at and all I could come up with was Making an Ass of Myself at Karaoke.

That was it.

So here's to my best friends and their strengths that I can learn from. I love you ladies.

<3jenn <3criswell <3steph  <3nicole <3cho <3yvonne <3jennilam <3sylvia  <3sabrina  <3aurora <3katie

2 comments:

  1. You always have more power than you think you do--in fact, you have all the power you need. I've gotten a lot of good advice in the past few years, and a big one was to drop the people who aren't "yes" people--those who aren't supporting you fullfilling your true potential. It makes life super simple and focused after you commit to that idea.

    I love you. Go now and seek and destroy, warrior!

    ReplyDelete