Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Lava WIWT- Smog Cutting Gas Station at Twilight Edition.

I managed to find myself dancing in the lap of luxury this weekend when a shop-accident-handful of my friends and I ran to LA. 

Friday was all about karaoke in a dive even divier than The Brig.  It required a special ensemble.

 1. It had to move with me.  Karaoke is serious business, one cannot go into it without stretchy fabrics that breathe.


2. I'm definitely in a Ke$ha phase of my life right now so it had to be just hoe-with-tons-of-STDs enough to allow me to act crude and crass.  I'm still a prude deep down under all the layers of skank, so it also had to be pretty much full coverage.

3. The makeup had to be fun and cray-cray to keep up with the beers that just magically appeared in my hand all night.  Thanks, Chuck!

Dress: B-Wear, red
Tights: Worthington clearance, black with gold flecks
Boots: Airwalks, originally intended for my White Mage final fantasy getup.
Clip: handmade by my crafty ass.
Makeup: 
Lips: Manic Panic in Vampire
 Cargo Tobago gloss
Eyes: Lime Crime in Circus Girl
Torrid Pink
Cargo HD mascara


Saturday night was the Pollstar Awards, hosted by that guy from Singled Out, so the outfit needed a touch of class.

 Again with the Ke$ha, I channeled My First Kiss and gold lipped my way around downtown LA.*

 A little shoulder skin was important to me as skulls and bunny rabbits.

The important thing about this outfit is that I didn't mean for it to happen.  The dress was found at this mega thrift store that Aurora took me too earlier in the day, the sweater was something Aurora had in a bag to be taken to Goodwill.  The tights are my trademark black with gold flecked.  I brought two pairs with me on this trip- good thing too.  It all came together and then I abandoned the dress I had planned and went for the gold.  I was my own damn award.

Later in the night, Laziness prevailed and I switched from gold lips to pink.

Dress: Express- thrifted for $5.99
Sweater: No clue, but it's BAD ASS. Swiped from Aurora
Tights: Worthington.  Clearance.  I have 5 pairs.  Well, 4 now.
Makeup:
Eyes: Lime Crime in Circus Girl
Torrid Pink
Stila in Lamé and Kitten
Cargo HD Mascara
Lips: 
Gold: Lime Crime Diva eyeshadown applied over Cargo in Tobago
Lorac Multiplex gloss in 3D over it.
Pink: Straight up Lorac Multiplex in Vivid.

I just got the Lorac glosses.  New LAVA!  My lips were still sparkly the next day!  OMFG.

LA, do you miss me?


*Not downtown.  Just a gas station before we got to downtown.  Holla!

2 comments: