Monday, March 28, 2011

I Lava Cute.

Duh.

But it's becoming so much more than that, it's becoming my anchor.  If I'm having a bad day I try to turn it around and make it a cute day.
Image from http://www.etsy.com/shop/HRHQueenFrostine
Apparently I'm not the only one trying to use cute as a solution.  I've been etsystalking Queen Frostine the last few weeks, and she just announced that she'll be giving 100% of the profit from this freakin ADORBZ Icing Ring will be going to the Japanese Red Cross.  I couldn't not blog it.  Plus I'll be buying one of these after payday, convenient since she's doing this indefinitely.  Or you could buy it for me. 

Did I mention that it's only $15?

(I also love the Pink Frosting Ring that she's doing the same thing with for Planned Parenthood.)

Other things that have been calling out cute to me lately:

Yellow.  Everything yellow!
Supercute. How did I not know of this band before?  Thanks Jenn!
Mismatching patterns and prints and colors and tying it all together with ostentatious jewelry.  My mom would be horrified if she went out with me.
Tokidoki.
Tokidoki.
Tokidoki.
I can't emphasize enough the sheer pleasure of putting on pink lip stain that tastes like watermelon and has cute shit on the tube.


I have these great cute plans for my house that include maybe learning to weld so I can make 6 and 7 foot metal flowers and stick them out in my pasture so when I look out back I'll always have a field of wildflowers.  Colorful flags, wall decals, and unnecessary things like toaster cozies.  A lot of Nikki McClure prints. 

I'm at a crossroads and I can go bland and boring and depressing or I can cute the heck up and make it a better day.  Yeah, duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment