Monday, March 14, 2011

I Lava WIWT: Sepia in NOLA edition.

I was in New Orleans this last weekend.

That alone is enough to send me forth in a beignet-fueled fury of LAVAblogs, what a city.

And I'm sure this trip will just keep LAVAing up here and there, but for today I'll be keeping it simple.

I decided while in New Orleans against color.  See, it's a colorful city- beautiful, neon, shimmering, painted and old.  So I could never take a photo with my shitty camera and shitty skillz to match, say, a postcard, so why bother?  But Sepia... well I've been on this pretentious kick lately, and I doubt than anything could ever be as pretentious as taking an entire vacation's worth of photos with the sepia setting on my camera.  Keatonesque to the MAXXX.

So what did I wear?  Well it was conservative- I was at a business conference all weekend after all.

Dress: This is why blogging from not-at-home doesn't work.  Name a Target brand and it might be it.  Maybe Merona? Shirtwaist.  And its purple graybrown. 
Tights: Duh.  Worthington leggings, clearance uniform.
 Cardigan: Black with sequins- Xhilaration
Shoes: TOMS, Gray oh wait, they really are.


Makeup- Well it doesn't fuckin matter if its in sepia, does it?  You can bank on some serious Urban Decay all up on this mutha, though.

Elevators are really great places for photos.  The Chateau Le Moyne didn't have the most amazing elevator, but it worked its magic anyway.
6 months of depression (wait its more like 9 months now) and feeling less than amazing has really affected my posture.  Time for holding the head high and regaining confidence.  Oh, that's a lake-thing back there. 







I'll have more from my trip to New Orleans later, but that's a huge undertaking and coming back to Fresno was akin to a slap in the face. And her name was "What the hell kind of reality am I living in, anyway?"

No comments:

Post a Comment