Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Lava the Things That Hold Things Together.

Driving to pick my kids up at 4:45 this morning I had tears streaming down my face, and they're still coming.  Sometimes life, love can be extrememly fucking brutal.

So I was driving and feeling like the world is collapsing while trying to make it alive in the misty rain to see my babies.  Then BAM Beach Boys All Summer Long. 


It's like macaroni and cheese or clothes straight from the dryer, I was still bawling but I was singing at the top of my lungs "T-Shirts, cut offs and a pair of thongs...." through every stupid heartbreaky sob and I knew that just like all the times my dad has given me a hug and played Lovers Cross for me or my friends have responded instantly to any sign of distress, I'd make it through.

The universe is my support system, working in ways to uplift and keep me well, and little reminders like a favorite song on the radio (which rarely works, this is the real miracle in all of this) let me know it's okay.  Everything I need will come to me if I let it.

When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. -Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.

No comments:

Post a Comment