Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Lava Sugarpill!

I've really wanted a great orange color for my eyes.

Something that will say "Yo, I have orange freakin' eyelids, jackass!"

I don't know if you've noticed, but orange is a hard color to come by.  In the Sephora in our JCPenneys the only orange I've found is by Make Up Forever... and I'm pretty sure we only just got it in this week.

Anywho, Sugarpill has been getting a ton of good buzz all over the internet, and really gorgeous people with amazing makeup skillz have been just churning out tutorial after pretty tutorial using Sugarpill.  I don't like to miss out on anything and I noticed that there was a pretty badass looking orange eyeshadow called "flamepoint" so I was sold. It officially was time to woman up, order some and see for myself what's so great about this stuff.

I ordered two other colors- to complete my "my eyes look like a sunset" trifecta- Dollipop and Buttercupcake.  With names like those how could I go wrong?  Answer is: I couldn't.  Holy crap.

I'm a sucker for packaging and Sugarpill had me at "OH HELL YES!" with the whole free sticker, free sample, omg a-cat-cuddling-a-pill thing going on.

I figured I'd do a few different looks.  I'm not a makeup expert, I'm just a really easily exciteable girl, so both of my looks look... similar.  But the sentiment is there.  The first run was all three.  So was the second. Shut up.  So here's what we have:

I used Urban Decay's Sin Primer Potion underneath and the colors popped beautifully and dramatically.

I swept Dollipop into the crease, brought some Flamepoint in at the middle because I love yellow and need it to stand out as much as possible, I did the inner corner with Buttercupcake.  The colors blended really well, I didn't have any trouble getting it to feel like a cohesive work of art, and I lined the lower lid with Flamepoint and Buttercupcake layered one over the other with really delightful results.  Overall I loved the application.

But then the day wore on.

We all know how completely unstable I am, this is no surprise.  So when I fuh-lipped out on my poor roommate and quickly dissolved into tears (to his pleading voice saying "No!  Don't cry, your pretty makeupppppppp!") I figured my first time around the block with Sugarpill was doomed to end up a neon river down my face, and if it was a really good tantrum, maybe cascading down onto my chest too.

When I looked in the mirror though post breakdown my mascara was gunky and gross, but holy cow- the Sugarpill survived.

/maiden voyage.


My second look I wanted was the one I initially needed orange for- baseball season.  This is my first attempt at SF Giants' Rally Eyes!


Once again I used Urban Decay Sin Primer, and then I just started brushing copious amounts of orange onto my whole lid.  I really love how Sugarpill layers and it got really intense where I wanted it to.  I then threw Buttercupcake into the inside corners because I just really love that, and I swept a teensy bit of Dollipop in the creases just to make the orange pop a little more.  The only non-sugarpill part of the look is the bit of Urban Decay Zero that I lightly lined the upper lid with (Gotta have orange AND black!  Go Giants!) and Tokidoki Candycane that I used to highlight the brow.  And you know, duh, the mascara (Cargo blu_ray).

So it was time for a game-face test drive.

OMG IS THAT TIM LINCECUM!?!?!?!?1?!?!?!?1!!

 Yeah, It's official.  I really LAVA Sugarpill.

2 comments:

  1. "Yo, I have orange freakin' eyelids, jackass!"


    Quote of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your makeup can't do the talking for you, whats the point, right?

    ReplyDelete