Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Lava Jim Croce.


This actually isn't lifting my spirits at all, I'm down down down in the dumps today and I got the line "It's been so long since I have felt fine" stuck running through my head.  I couldn't remember where it was from.  A quick Google lyrics search revealed that Jim Croce was just pulling through for me again.

Well things were spinning 'round me
And all my thoughts were cloudy
And I had begun to doubt all the things that were me

Thanks, Jim.  Every fuckin' time I need you, you have a song for me.  I lava you, it's too bad you died so young. 

(And it's not just because you're the whole reason I wanted to play Roller Derby in the first place.)

(Also, my almost-two-year-old is now in lava with Jim Croce, too.  After one verse of "These Dreams" she's sold.  She keeps demanding "Mama! More Jim, It's Beeeautifullllll!"  Good taste, this kid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment