Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Lava Uncle Knit Knots.

Today I'm in a foul mood, so I'm returning to an old favorite.


I just absolutely lava Uncle Knit Knots* from the Imagination Movers, season 1.

Best character in all of Preschool television.

He isn't really cranky, he just comes off that way.  Really, he's just completely satisfied with boredom.  He loves cardboard.  He is a man living his beige dream, and he won't let his colorful neighbors try to change his mind.  He was only in the first season, but he was very important.  I miss him.  The new episodes just don't have that lack-of-zazzle that he brought to the table.

I want to have his dedication and passion.  He cares so deeply about the bland cause that you can see the sheer joy he gets out of inventing things like a ball that doesn't bounce or flavorless gum.  Its true love.

Do I have anything that I feel so gung-ho passionate about (in a very subdued manner of course)?

I may never be bland, but I do hope to be a little bit like Knit Knots in the way I approach life.  Know what I want and do it without regard to how unconventional it may be.

*Watch the video, he's near the end, and he's just so bland!

No comments:

Post a Comment