Friday, December 17, 2010

I Lava You- or Lost Without Each Other.

This afternoon I went out for a jog, but it was more of a slog and after just 3 songs worth I stopped, turned around and was gonna head home like a tubby bitch. 

Backstory:  I'd been up since 4:25 (I'd slept 30 minutes past my alarm)  had to park in the far away lot because the petting zoo lot was muddy- At Fashion Fair employees have special places to park, one is a PARK, with straw thrown on the ground.  I worked all morning and well, it's near Christmas.  Sometimes customers just aren't always polite, no matter how much smile I muster for them.  They're past regular sweater purchases and on the hunt for weird-ass-shit now. ("I'm sorry, we don't carry deer skin gloves."  "Are you sure?  Read me the labels to make sure.") Also, I've been doing some soul searching lately and have officially come up short. That kinda puts a damper on things.

So needless to say, my batteries were low.

But then as I was doing my characteristic feel-my-chin-to-see-if-i've-sprouted-another-by-being-a-fatass, Hanson's Lost Without Each Other came on.

I lava Hanson, but more than anything, I lava this song. 


I lava it hard.  It's upbeat.  It sounds like a happy go lucky love song, but it speaks of love going wrong, or not even being given a chance to go right. 


"Listen, with all the choices that we chose to make
And all the promises we chose to break
We were busy making big mistakes, yesterday"

and

"I can tell you one thing
We're not better on our own
I'm tired of running from my feelings
Are you listening?"

I've had a lot of fun with this song.  When they play it at shows the crowd goes NUTZ, it's the kind of song you have to dance to, no other option makes sense.  And I have danced to it, oh yes.  It's a great song to interpretive dance to in the kitchen, a pastime of mine.  Try it alone, or grab your love and dance it out.

Point is, this song is always there to lend a hand when my mood goes bland.

So as I was saying, I was feeling for new facial girth when this bad boy popped up on my ipod.  I found the will to turn around and even though I didn't run much, I walked for the full 5 miles I'd intended and ended the whole adventure with rain pouring down, baptizing me and making me feel like slightly less of a shell of a person.  So yeah, I'd say I pretty much lava this song a little more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment