Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Lava my Balleradoes.

The truth is I have a Lavalist because I desperately need to be reminded of the things that make me happy sometimes.  Life is tough.  Love is tough. Waking up in the morning is tough.  Living with yourself when you go to sleep at night is tough.

The best fucking friends in the universe are necessity.



I've been feeling like I'm sinking.  Losing control of my identity, falling into the late 20's hum-drums (and if it's like this now, omg what am I gonna do when I turn 80?) needing reality checks and slaps in the face almost as often as I need them on the ass.  All of the things that have defined who I am don't seem to fit anymore and I'm desperately grasping at what my new identity might be.


Luckily, for all my pitfalls, my drama queen antics, my poor renditions of Hoedown Throwdown, I have a group of friends who still, inexplicably love me through it all. 

I can't thank them enough for their love.  I live for Saturday nights where I can let loose, roll around on a dirty barroom floor and sing Justin Bieber songs to a roomful of drunken nonplussed cowboys, indiana joneses and faux-hipsters.

Thank you, friends.  Ballerado is a state of lava.

1 comment: